Office of the Administrative Director
The Administrative Office of the Courts provides support to the Supreme Court of Appeals and the entire state court system. The director, as provided in the Constitution, is appointed by the Supreme Court and oversees the Administrative Office of the Courts. Except as otherwise provided, all divisions of the Administrative Office report to the Administrative Director.
- Interim Administrative Director: Gary L. Johnson, 304-558-0145
- Deputy Director of Administration: Jennifer Singletary, Esq.
- Executive Assistant: Mary Greene
- Executive Administrative Assistant: Joan Mullins
- Receptionist: Debby Moore
- Receptionist/Floater: Dee Hill
Office of General Counsel
The Office of General Counsel provides legal counsel to the Administrative Director.
- General Administrative Counsel:
- Administrative Assistant: Debbie Henley
Division of Administrative Services
The Division of Administrative Services oversees facility maintenance, inventory and surplus, recording and court reporting support.
- Director of Administrative Services: Kim Ellis, 304-558-0145
- Administrative Services Assistant: Tamerra Gilmore
- Messenger/Runner: Paul Mendez
- Warehouse Supervisor: Russell Shelton
- Maintenance Engineer: Zachary Thompson
Division of Court Services
The Division of Court Services oversees numerous projects to improve the court system and manages all grants awarded to West Virginia courts. The Division operates the Domestic Violence Registry, the Warrants Database, the Child Abuse and Neglect Database, the West Virginia Court Statistics Database, the Criminal Disposition Database, and the West Virginia Offender Case Management System. The Division of Court Services also administers Court Security Funding and the Court Security Judge system, the Judicial Fatality Review Process, and Family Court facility leases. The Division provides training, technical assistance, statistical analysis, and program evaluation for many court initiatives including the Court Improvement Program, Kanawha County Domestic Violence Court Pilot Project, Drug Courts, Division of Probation Services programs, Criminal Records Disposition, the West Virginia Court Statistics Project, and other systemic improvement initiatives.
- Director: Angela D. Saunders, 304-558-0145
- Deputy Director: Evan Lynch
- Executive Administrative Assistant: Barbara J. White
- Grants Fiscal Manager: Laura Sarver
- Grants Program Manager: Tom Hansen
- Senior Statistical Analyst: Tabetha Blevins
- CIP Analyst: Ashley Connolly
- Special Project Analyst: Laura Walsh
- Statewide Criminal Records Coordinator: Olivya Atik
- Domestic Violence Data Manager: Jeremy Nagy
- Domestic Violence Registry Validation Specialist: Sandy Hathaway
- Offender Case Management Database Quality Manager: Kathleen Lindsey
- Offender Case Management Database Manager: Codie Smith
- Offender Case Management Regional Data Managers: Amanda Pruitt, Shelly Castle, James Jones, Antoinette Cooper, and Marycait Hoke
Division of Financial Management
The Division of Financial Management oversees all financial matters including budgeting, purchasing card administration, accounts payable, and travel reimbursements.
- Director: Sue Racer-Troy, 304-558-0145
- Invoice Auditor: Sandy Johnson
- Purchasing Card Coordinator: Kim Harvey
- Invoice Auditor: Margaret Lacy
- Invoice Auditor: Stephanie Anderson
- Fiscal Clerk: Lynn Fielder
Division of Human Resources
The Division of Human Resources oversees all personnel issues, payroll processing and employee benefits.
- Director: Tammy Smith, 304-558-2978
- PEIA Administrator: Linda Foster
- Associate Payroll Administrator: Janis Kitzmiller
- Assistant Payroll Administrator: Cheryl Ingraham
- Receptionist and Payroll Assistant: Tracy Ferrell
- Payroll Assistant: Dan Hager
Division of Family Court Services
The Division of Family Court Services provides training and support services to family courts, their judges and staff.
- Director: Lisa Tackett, Esq., 304-558-0145
- Program Coordinator of Family Court Services: Pepper Arrowood
- Administrative Assistant: Sherrie DeBord
- Secretary: Cheryl Porter
Division of Children's Services
The Division of Children’s Services assists with the Court’s initiatives to improve outcomes for children and families involved in child abuse and neglect and youth services cases, including the Court Improvement Program. The division also coordinates the Court’s civic education programs, including LAWS (Legal Advancement for West Virginia Students), Law Adventure, and Robes to Schools.
- Director: Cammie Chapman, Esq., 304-340-3452
- Public Education Coordinator: Kandi Greter-Kirk, 304-340-2755
- Administrative Assistant: Stacie Mullins
- New View Coordinator: Cammie Chapman, Esq.
Division of Magistrate Court Services
The Division of Magistrate Court Services provides administrative support for magistrate courts, their magistrates, clerks and assistants.
- Director: Janie Moore, 304-558-0145
- Computer Field Coordinator: Caroline Stoker
- Paralegal: Brenda Magann
- Administrative Assistant: Melody Jordan
Division of Probation Services
The Division of Probation Services deals with policy development, provides general oversight of circuit court probation services, and administers Interstate Compact for Juveniles; oversees the Adult and Juvenile Drug Court program and Intensive Supervision Officer (ISO) program.
- Director: Michael B. Lacy, 304-558-0145
- Deputy Director: Caren Bills
- Deputy Director of Adult and Juvenile Drug Courts: Lora Maynard
- Counsel for the Division of Probation Services: Robert L. McKinney, II
- Quality Assurance and Field Support for Drug Courts: Sean Noland
- Quality Assurance Specialist: Jessica Napier
- Drug Court Training and Development: Tim Hanna
- Administrative Coordinator: Randall Wagner
- Administrative Assistant: Georgeann Lilly-Barker
- Administrative Assistant: Chasity Huffman
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Contact Georgeann Lilly-Barker, 304-558-0145, Georgeann Lilly-Barker
Division of Judicial Education and Court Training
The Division of Judicial Education and Court Training oversees and provides training programs for all judicial officers and court staff, mandatory and continuing judicial legal education credits, college/graduate school education benefits for court staff, and general conference information.
- Director: Sara Thompson, Esq. 304-558-0145
- Administrative Assistant: Jessica Westfall
- IT Liaison for Judicial Education: Jason Carlson
Division of Mental Hygiene and Mental Health/Veterans Treatment Court Services
The Division of Mental Hygiene and Treatment Court Services oversees involuntary commitment, guardianship/conservatorship, and West Virginia problem-solving courts.
- Director: Linda R. Artimez, Esq., 304-558-0145
- Mental Health Registry Quality Data Manager: Lou Weisberg
- MHVTC State Coordinator: Alisha Lawson
- Mental Health Reg. Assistant Quality Data Mgr.: Robyn Clark
- Mental Health Reg. Assistant Quality Data Mgr.: Alice Dorsey
- Administrative Assistant: Brianna Yoho
Division of Technology Services
The Division of Technology Services oversees the Unified Judicial Application information system, networking, e-mail, hardware, and software. The division also provides technology systems management and support.
- Director: Scott Harvey, 304-558-0145
- Administrative Assistant: Barbara Hart
- Deputy Director: Dave Wilkinson
- Deputy Director: Pat Tillery
- Manager, Applications Development: Marybeth Norris
- Unified Jury Management System: Steve Tarbett
- UJA Application Trainer: Sonya Dean
- UJA Application Trainer: Clarita Fisher
- UJA Application Support: Andrea Snyder
- UJA Application Trainer: Angela Markham
- UJA Application Trainer: Mary Jane Carrico
- UJA Trainer/Process Specialist: Mandona (Mandy) Weaver
- Senior Network Engineer: Scott Conrad
- Network Wiring Technician: Anthony Hatfield
- Network Wiring Technician: Steven Ryan Arthur
- Microsoft Operations Engineer: Mike Sefton
- IT Help Desk Support Specialist: Tara Harper
- SAN Engineer/Field Suppport Tech: Jeremy Shears
- Junior Network Engineer/Field Suppport Tech: Andrew Hinte
- Junior SAN Engineer/Field Support Tech: David Wilson
- Video Equipment/Phone System Tech: Dermond Sigmon
- Field Support Tech/Family Court Recordings: Jimmy Thaxton
Division of Circuit Clerk Services
The Division is a liaison to circuit clerks, provides jury management services, and oversees the E-Filing Pilot project.
- Director: Matt Arrowood: 304-340-2912
- Circuit Clerk Records Specialist: Jill Connolly
- Administrative Assistant: Teresa Vance
Public Information Office
The Public Information Office issues press releases, answers media inquiries, and produces publications for the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia, the Administrative Office of the Courts, and the Judicial Branch of West Virginia government; oversees Supreme Court website.
- Public Information Officer: Jennifer Bundy, 304-340-2305, Jennifer Bundy
- Deputy Public Information Officer: April Harless, 304-340-2306, April Harless
Mass Litigation Panel
The Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia has adopted a process for efficiently managing and resolving mass litigation that includes the establishment of a Mass Litigation Panel. The procedure for referral of cases to the Mass Litigation Panel is set forth in West Virginia Trial Court Rule 26. The Mass Litigation Panel consists of seven active or senior status circuit court judges appointed by the Chief Justice, with the approval of the Supreme Court of Appeals. The Panel is supported by a Mass Litigation Manager who provides legal counsel to the Panel, and is a liaison between the Panel and attorneys, circuit court clerks, other judicial personnel and the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia. The Panel is also supported by an Administrative Assistant.
- Mass Litigation Manager: Kim Fields, Esq., 304-340-3991
- Administrative Assistant: Debra Bogan, 304-340-3440
Division of Legislative Services
The Division of Legislative Services analyzes the law-making process and informs judicial officers of potential effects on the judiciary. The office also coordinates communication between judicial officers and legislators, and prepares and files all fiscal notes with the legislative manager.
- Director: Tina Payne, 304-340-2918
Division of Access to Justice
The Access to Justice Commission was created by the Supreme Court to develop a plan for improving access to the civil court system, to include identification of priorities to meet the needs of fair, accessible, efficient, and accountable access to justice through recommendations of projects and programs to enhance access to justice in West Virginia. It also provides administrative and advisory counsel to other task forces, boards, and panels dealing primarily with social and equal justice issues.
- Director: Kara Mann, 304-340-2934
Juvenile Justice Commission
The Commission is committed to a juvenile justice system that promotes rehabilitative interventions for children involved in delinquent behavior. The Commission also examines facilities, programs, and processes to ensure that the system is providing interventions and advocating for children at the earliest stage of juvenile delinquency.
- Director: Cindy Largent-Hill, 304-558-6847
- Deputy Director: Alicia Mascioli
- Administrative Assistant: Lorri Stotler